Monday, April 20, 2015

Prepared by God...April 6, 2015

What a great week with an excellent weekend!  I hope everyone had the opportunity to listen or will have the opportunity to soon read and re listen to the conference talks!  They were very inspired and well needed!!  I was particularly fond of the talk by Elder Bednar about facing our fears.  I find it very useful to know that it doesn't really matter how we were but it matters most about how we will become through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  I know He suffered for us and gave His life for us. He is the greatest example of humility and obedience the world has ever known.  It is amazing to see little changes every day in my life and the lives of others as I try to help them do the same!  We had a super good experience this week with a friend of a member.  She had listened to the members before but I guess it just wasn't the right time.  We visited her and just taught her the Restoration.  She was asked to give the closing prayer and started off super good.  Halfway through, she just started balling. I know we felt the spirit super strong in her house and I know that she has been prepared by our Father in Heaven.  This same member ( she is super awesome!!) also has been helping us with another family (also references).  We had a super cool experience with them on Thursday.  It was Holy week and so practically no work or school the whole week and I guess before we visited them they were with family the whole day.  We, before, had planned to share the family, temple marriage, and family history lessons.  He was shocked and asked why we were talking about it.  We told him we felt impressed to do it and he laughed.  He said he knew what we are doing is true.  It is a very awesome family that has been prepared by God.  I would like to note that both stories have much to do with a member... During conference I heard a couple times that many around us are prepared but sometimes we are short of faith to help them get started.  I hope we can all get to work and pray for missionary opportunities.  It will only strengthen your testimony and help you feel the spirit!  I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ and the Prophet and Apostles are inspired.  I know that they have the power and authority of God.  I love it here in Colombia and it is so much fun!  I am doing absolutely awesome!!  I hope you have a wonderful week and look forward to all the Lord has in store for you!!
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment