Monday, April 20, 2015

New Companion...April 13, 2015

Well hello everyone.  We are now encountering another week 6 here in the sunny (and super hot) weather of Barranquilla.  Who knows what will happen but hey.. I've always liked surprises!!! :)  This week on Tuesday my companion, Elder Mora had to go home for a break because of some problems in his knee.  He has 2 months to be able to work it all out and get some rest and then he is back at it.  I received my new companion, Elder Morales from Bolivia Tuesday night as well.  He is 21 years old and has 20 months in the mission!  It has been way cool to be with someone a little older in the mission who has been around the ropes once or twice!  We have two investigators who have progressed really well over the past 2 months but haven't been baptized yet.  One is 18 (Juliana) and the other is 16 (Nathalia).  They have awesome testimonies of the Gospel but their mother hasn't let them get baptized.  Juliana has taken the step and says that she is just going to do it.  She has had her interview and will now be baptized this week!  We had an awesome lesson on Faith and I do have to say I learned a lot too!!  It was an awesome lesson where we felt the spirit a ton and I think she was able to learn that after baptism is when the real challenge will come!  I have learned the importance of persevering more than ever and listening to the Holy Ghost.  Other than that I am doing super good!!  Nothing else is different and I can't wait to receive the Liahona to be able to re-read the conference talks again!  Hope you all are doing very well and I love each and every one of you!!!! :)
Love, Elder Slack
 

No comments:

Post a Comment