Monday, July 20, 2015

The weekly dig....July 13, 2015

Well, a first happened this week.  This week, for the first time in my mission, I threw up.... like 7 times in less than 3 hours!  I felt terrible!  The good thing is that the next day I felt super good and was able to work like normal!  Thank heavens because our lunch contract is delicious and I was super hungry!  Other than vomiting, this week was very normal!  I have been trying super hard to be able to write in my journal daily (which doesn't always work out well but I am trying) and recognize the spiritual experiences I have daily.  The truth is, our Father in Heaven blesses us so much!  I realize that as I read the scriptures, I am able to find things to teach my investigators so that they understand better!  We are teaching one man named Freddix (his daughter was baptized about 3 weeks ago and we brought his wife back to activation) who drinks and doesn't come to church but as we read we realized we needed to use the Proclamation of the Family!  We made a lesson plan that brought the spirit strongly into their home.  I still would like to take away free agency and force them to be baptized!  We are also teaching a lady named Sandra Clemente and her two daughters Eva and Celeina (references from a less active member).  They have come to church twice and have a baptismal date!  They are reading the Book of Mormon and going to other activities during the week! I am so grateful when members give us references!!  The Lord gives us so many blessings to strengthen our testimony!  I was reading in my Book of Mormon in 1 Nephi 8:33-34 where Nephi explains that everyone had temptations but those who ate and stayed at the tree were those who turned their backs to the temptations.  It has been interesting to turn my back to all temptations and really be able to feel the spirit more in my day to day life!  This week we were blessed with a super strong rain storm and we had to walk home in it!  The river in the road was up to my knees with logs and garbage in the streets!  It was pretty fun walking home but had we not been missionaries, I think we might have died!  Haha!  I was drenched from head to toe and it was the first time I was cold here in Colombia!  I know the Lord's hand works in our lives day to day and I would love to invite you to take note of what happens in your lives!  I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!!
Love, Elder Slack


Drenched from the rain
Elder Lince and Elder Slack


Valledupar Zone
Crazy Elder Salck and Elder Lince
Valledupar Zone activity

Soaking wet and freezing cold



 






No comments:

Post a Comment