Monday, July 20, 2015

Weekly good stuff I got to tell ya about!....July 6, 2015

Well life is good, weather is hot, and we are still working!!  This week we went to Barranquilla for a leader council.  The council was very simple and we felt the spirit very strongly.  That is definitely how the gospel should be in our lives.  The gospel is not a hard thing to do and when we take time to learn the basics (good scripture study, meaningful prayers, and a worthy Sabbath day) we will feel the spirit more in our lives and definitely be blessed!  Even though there wasn't some crazy parades, I didn't eat watermelon, or see huge fireworks, I was able to think a lot about what it means to be an American and I do have to say that I love being a citizen of the United States!  It was hard thinking that this week I have officially been out one year but I don't have one year left.  It makes me sad to think how short the time is in a mission but then I was thinking how much time we have here on earth.  It is very short and what a waste it would be to not discover the many wonderful things our Heavenly Father has in store for us.  We didn't have much time to work in our area this week.  Barranquilla is a 6 hour bus ride from Valledupar and we go a day early and get home a day later.  We then had to run some errands for immigration, notary and surgery stuff for missionaries but while working we used our time very well!  We found some new investigators (Sandra and her two daughters Eva and Celeina) who were referrals through a less active member!  I'll tell ya what, members sure make the difference in the missionary field!!  I love being a missionary.  I know this is the Lord's church.  I know we have a prophet of God and I know I will be able to live with my family forever if I am obedient!  I hope you have a wonderful week and I love you all!!
Love, Elder Slack
 
 
HUMP DAY!!
Elder Brady Slack and Elder Aaron Wooden
 

Elder Slack and Elder Miller
 

Elder Slack, Elder Lince, Elder Miller and ???

Some Colombian memorabilia

No comments:

Post a Comment