Monday, August 24, 2015

Loving life and running fast...August 10, 2015

Well, another one down and gone, doing the same thing, yet I still learn new things!!!  I love it!!  This week we were super busy running errands and traveling we really didn't have much time in our area to work but it was a successful week!  Tuesday we spent the day cleaning and moving some Elders out of a house and they got sent to Barranquilla.  We didn't get done until about 5 then we had to get ready because the Stake President had asked us to train every ward (5 wards) about how to use a new format given to us from the Area Presidency!  Wednesday early early morning we had to go to Barranquilla for a training given by President.  My companion and I with the 2 Sister Leaders of Valledupar left at 3 in the morning (for a 6 hour trip to Barranquilla).  We were able to learn many wonderful things and talk about the needs of the mission.  The assistants gave a super awesome training on teaching more about the Doctrine, Principles, and the Application that you find in the first sentence of PMG ch. 3.  Many times we just say the What?,  Why?, and How?  It made me think the rest of the council as needs or concerns were presented to talk about... I thought it was very interesting that we normally end up talking about the same things over and over and it amazes me that 20, 21, and 22 year olds can't figure out how to clean your room, take care of your id card, send and fill out a baptismal sheets, or send reports on Mondays.  While helping Sister Searle set the table to eat dinner Wednesday night she made me laugh saying the same thing!  I always remember what our 1st counselor (Pte. Vega) said in our conference with Elder Godoy. "In the mission, we are no longer sons and daughters of God. We are to be Men and Women of God..."  I just think it is so clear and wonder why sometimes... :) I have learned some serious patience!!! ;)  Other than that we got back late Thursday night and we were able to contact a reference given to us by a member!  Her name is Esleidis and she is 32 years old with a 14 and an 11 year old!  After we said the first prayer, she had watery eyes and her hands were sweaty and she just kept saying "keep talking, keep talking"! haha It was so funny and we were able to feel the spirit super strong!!  She couldn't come to church on Sunday but tonight we will go back and visit her to teach her more about the Book of Mormon that she has already been reading!!  I love it!!  I am super good!!  Loving life and running fast (but so is time) and keeping myself super busy!!  Hope you all have a wonderful week!!
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment