Monday, August 24, 2015

Soledad 2000...August 24, 2015

Well, what has been an excellent trip in Valledupar has come to an end.  Tomorrow, I will be heading back to Barranquilla (my new area is called Soledad 2000 and my new companion is Elder Puchoc).  I have learned tons of things here in Valledupar and I have been able to learn even more from my companions Elder Lince and Elder Jorgensen!  Definitely a city that I won't forget!  It is kind of weird to think however that with my time left in the mission I may only have 2 more areas... It really is crazy how fast time flies!
This past week was very awesome!  We were able to have a Zone meeting and we talked about Obedience!  A while back, our Mission President talked about three types of obedience!  They are fear, love, and for blessings!  We used an example from the scriptures that every single one of us has used and it is that of the Tree of Life.  We see three types of people in 1 Nephi 8. 
First, there are those that started along the iron rod but when the clouds of darkness came they lost sight of what was ahead of them and never made it to the Tree.  The second type of people we see are those who eventually got what they wanted (the fruit) but when nothing else was available, they were ashamed by those mocking them and they too turned away!  The last type of people we see are those that got to the Tree and stayed there.  It is not merely because they got there and liked the fruit. Temptations still presented themselves to those at the tree but in vs. 33-34 we find that they obeyed for the love of the Lord that they had.  "They did not give heed to the temptations." 
I thought alot because my companion and I have really focused on being obedient with exactness this past transfer and we have felt good because we have really been setting the example in many ways.  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to be able to have a new start in a new place.  It gives me the opportunity to know many more people, have new experiences, and test myself to see if I can apply all the things I have learned!  Every transfer is like a stepping block or a gate into a new world. My Heavenly Father has really blessed me in many ways and given me many opportunities to grow and refine myself. 
I guess I am off to a new adventure with new things to learn!  I hope you all have a wonderful week and the Lord blesses you all immensely! 
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment