Monday, August 24, 2015

Meekly Drenched in Destiny...August 17, 2015

  Well... this past week went by abnormally fast now that I am sitting at the computer thinking about what I did.  We had a good week working in our area with two companion exchanges.  I got to spend some time with Elder Godfrey (he is from Arizona and one of the District Leaders in the Zone).  He is super crazy and the poor guy has a real struggle speaking Spanish (even though he has been out for 15 months).  The people love him even though they don't understand him because he is just real crazy!  I think he stayed up until about 11 talking about all these book ideas he has (I wouldn't know what time he finished because I was asleep haha ;)  Even though they are super crazy and weird ideas I think I would buy them.  They sound interesting especially because one in the mission always thinks about how worldly things apply to gospel doctrine so underlined in the stories has to do with the Plan of Salvation, Agency, or some other gospel principle.
    I also got to spend some time with Elder De La Cruz. He is a brand new missionary from Ecuador and I was super impressed at how humble he is and how much he knows for being out such a short amount of time.  The Lord is truly hastening his work in these latter days and confides so much in us to do it.
    Even though my week did go by so fast I learned an amazing lesson this week while reading a talk given by Neal A Maxwell titled "Meekly Drenched in Destiny".  It was an incredible talk that talked about humbleness, patience, and being meek.  I was able to learn a ton more about controlling thoughts, actions, or words for when they are really important or necessary.  I think more than anything the mission has given me the opportunity to practice these things. 
    God has blessed us with so many talents, abilities, and habits that we first have to find out what they are.  Many of our qualities (even when considered strong or maybe not so good) come from God and as it says in Alma 34:32 "we are to prepare to meet God".  The talk gave me an opportunity to think about what qualities I have and see in what ways I have to refine myself so as to do the will of the Father.  I am grateful for the time I have to be a missionary and realize that I am a child of God and that he has given me time here on Earth to refine myself.  "In a comfort zone we rarely grow.  In a growth zone we are rarely comforted".  THAT IS WHY GOD SENT US HERE TO EARTH!!  We never could have progressed like we can on Earth!  I guess I would like to challenge each and every one of you to find in what ways you can "refine" yourself!  I love you all and hope you the best week with the best blessings!
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment