Monday, July 28, 2014

First letter!! July 11, 2014

Family!!!  What is up.. can't do question marks sorry because it is a Spanish keyboard. Holy this is wonderful!!  Sorry it has been a week!  Because of transfers, we have P day every other Friday and on the Tuesday in between so next Tuesday will actually be my P day.  No idea what time, but it will be in between 1:00 and 5:00 so watch out! There was actually 13 elders that met in Atlanta and are here with me at the CCM.  In my district, there are 3 companionships and my companion is from Brigham City and actually played in the all star game against me!!  What a crazy person our Heavenly Father is because we found out right as the week got a little rough!  It is awesome!  We are so busy!  Classes are from 7:00 in the morning to 9:30 at night!  I can understand so much and have been the translator for the rest of the gringos.  Haha!  My Spanish is pretty good and it is crazy at how fast we are learning.  On the third day, I was able to bear my testimony, say a pretty decent prayer, and give half of the first lesson.  We do a ton of small group lessons and have had a blast goofing off, playing some crazy games of volleyball (they don't let us play soccer at the CCM but I can in my mission) and getting super tired with the long days!  The food is way good except we seem to have soup, rice, chicken, and carne asada every day for lunch.  I can email until 5:00 so hopefully you get this.  If not, I will be on next Tuesday at 1ish.  I love you guys so much and this gospel is so true.  Our Heavenly Father loves us so much and wants us to live with Him again.  Love you guys so much!!

Love, Elder Brady Slack


Yeah, I have about 35 more minutes on here!!  Until 5:00!!  Is this my mother... I can't do smiley faces either!!


Letters, no... I think they might take a while.  There were only three on our plane to Georgia and then the 13 of us flew here to Colombia.  My comp's name is Breckin Gunter from Brigham City.  He was one of the linebackers on the North Team and is going to Cochabamba, Bolivia!!  And yeah, the first few days up until Sunday were rough but on Sunday we finally had some English meetings with just the 13 of us and President Dyer.  He is from California and is a brilliant lawyer.  Elder Wooden is doing awesome!  We are in the same bunk bed. 



Brady's room... Who's bed is made?





It was just really rough to have everything in Spanish because literally every minute up until 9:30 is Spanish everyday.  That was really hard, but that is helping so much.  I am able to teach a lot of the lessons in Spanish  though, and that's awesome!!  I was worried Gavin would chafe real bad.. and how did Luke do?   Well??  And to be honest the letters might get here right as I am leaving or even later.  Haha, everything is crazy here in Colombia.  On all of the busy roads you can't turn left, there are no lights, people don't use their blinkers, and vendors walk in the middle of the lanes on the highway trying to sell stuff! But I have yet to see scratches or dents in cars !?!   Really quite interesting!!











Yeah!!  All of the other gringos are super funny and we are already super close!!  President Dyer and his wife are awesome!!  They are so knowledgeable, but we kinda don't see them a whole lot.  Elder Wooden's comp is a kid from Texas who is actually our District Leader.  He makes great banana bread!  Kidding, kinda.  He is alright.   I guess I just don't agree with some things he does.  And on my row, my comp is the 8th one in from the right.  All of our teachers are super funny and actually know quite a bit of English, even though they don't speak it.  That is what is rough, not speaking English all day.  We played a gringo vs. maestro volleyball game and whooped them 5 games to 0!  All of the games were to 25.


Eh...I doubt it.  Actually,  they aren't that good and sat and watched me and Aaron juggle the ball and were surprised!   Haha!


Brady Slack second row from top on right end
Breckin Gunter second row from top, eighth in from right
Aaron Wooden second row from top, seventh in from right


Yeah, we flew in from Atlanta together. I know, I just shut my mouth and go with what he says.  I have 5 minutes left btw.  I am turning out to be dad's child and I am not joking when I say that!!  No, it will be next Tuesday somewhere for an hour in between 1:00 and 5:00 but then it is a week and a half until the next Friday. It is a weird schedule. 

K tell the boys I love em!!  I will talk to you on Tuesday!!  Love you mom!!  If you need to send something, send it through email because I can print it out at the mission president's house.  Love you Guys!!

Love, 
Elder Brady Slack

Remember... anytime 1:00 to 5:00 on Tuesday so whatever time that is in Utah.

No comments:

Post a Comment