Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Early surprise! July 25, 2014

Hey guys!!  This past week has been quite the adventure with the adventure happening all in the span of two days!!  We had another opportunity to go to the temple and that is always a wonderful blessing and truly the strength of the gospel!  Yesterday, we actually went proselyting and Elder Gunter and I placed a Book of Mormon and got 6 references!  The people here are so wonderful and nice!  After talking with just one guy for about 5 minutes he offered to buy us lunch and have us talk to more of his friends.  I can't wait to leave here in just 2 more weeks!! We also have been taught to invite them to be baptized on the first lesson.  Last night we watched a movie on the pioneers and in the movie, this couple went dancing for the first time and after he professed his love for her and kissed her. I guess inviting on the first appointment does really work and we should follow his example!! Haha, just kidding.  But it was awesome!!  We all died laughing when one of the kids said it!!  Life here is the same day in and day out.  The 14 of us who have been here longer go on a tour of Bogota on Tuesday and we are so excited!  In a way, the CCM is like a jail and we can only talk to people through the fence!  I sent a letter answering questions you had and the boys have a letter and kind of a treat in there!  For me, that is the easiest way to answer your questions so I can take the time in email to just write what has happened!  I love you guys and can't wait to hear from you all!!  Sorry it is earlier but because of scheduling and the number of people here we had to go in the morning!  I love the Gospel and hearing that Vita got his call is an answer to prayers and just goes to show that our Father in Heaven does listen and cares.  What an experience this is!  I can't believe how time is flying even though I don't want it to.  Love you all infinity googles!!
Elder Slack
Yeah, I am emailing earlier because we have so many kids here we have to do it while the Latins are at the temple! It is really boring here but yesterday was so fun and exciting!!  I can definitely say I would rather be here than at the parade!  Haha, but I loved seeing all the pictures and my teachers thought they were awesome!  They loved to see them all!!  Email back if you can but if not on Tuesday it will be a little later because of our tour we are going on!
Jacob Beals isn't here but I will get it on Tuesday or Wednesday! I sent some letters off today for the boys, Gavin, and one for the family so watch for that.  Vita getting a call is an answer to my prayers.  He could have been going anywhere and I would have been happy!!  I found out from Gavin though so I haven't heard from him!  Both Mckay Keech and Mckay Clarke are doing awesome and are now out in the field! 
Dane, nobody is missing buddy and I promise the time is flying!  I sent a surprise to you and the boys in the mail today!  Write me with your questions!  Love you too and the Spanish is great dude!!
Luke, I'm sorry to hear about your tournament buddy but I'm sure you did awesome.  As long as you work your butt off you will be fine!  I am doing awesome and just want you to know how important you are to your Heavenly Father!  He loves you and wants you to choose the right in everything you do so keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers!!  Love you buddy!
Heath, I am not playing the piano but certainly wish I was good enough to be able to!  I love the gospel and my days are really long but overall I really enjoy it here!  I hope your teacher is super nice too!!  Keep writing me letters with all your questions!!  Keep reading your scriptures and saying your prayers!!  Love you nerd!!
Hey, so I have to sign off.  Tuesday we are going on a tour of the city so I am not sure when we will be able to email but I am assuming it will be after we get back so probably around 6:30 or 7:00.  Love you guys and cant wait to hear from you!! 
Love, Elder Slack 
P.S. Just got your email Dad and don't have time to respond but love you and Gav too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment