Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Holy, it is a joy...September 15, 2014

Well, this week has just flown by and I have now idea what happened besides eat, work, sleep, eat, work, sleep, and more eating, sleeping, and working!!  We are working super hard and I know that is why the time has been flying!  It has also been a lot cooler this week and I don't know if it is because I am becoming more accustomed or what but it was certainly a blessing!  We have also been able to meet lots of new people and share short lessons with them.  Our schedules are packed!!  We have started teaching the grand kids of our recent convert Victor.  One of them (Jose, 11) is so incredible!! He sits in with us in all of our lessons and comments and prays and reads and wow!!  It was so disappointing Sunday when he got up extra early to get ready and his mother refused to let them come to church.  I don't know why but it was so sad!!  My comp couldn't finish his breakfast!  We have to find time to meet with her because she works every day and it is so frustrating but I know if we can just share our testimonies and a scripture she will be able to feel the spirit and see the blessings she can receive from the gospel.  I have also realized the importance of three questions, and they aren't where did we come from, what is our goal here, and where are we going.. no it is are you reading your scriptures, saying you prayers, and going to church!  We had 7 or more appointments with people this past week who are having some serious problems and every time we ask them these questions, they have not done one or more of these things!!  I know it may be a coincidence, but all I know is I don't want problems if I can help it!!  It is amazing how the Lord works and everything we go through is just a trial of our faith and how much we trust in the Lord and His plan for us!  He wants nothing more than for us to be happy and return to live with Him!  Oh how much I have realized in this little time here and how much more I will realize in 21 more months!!  It is so fun to be here in this area and meet so many new people every day!  No offence to my mother but the food here is so darn good and I eat so much!!  Oh rice with coconut, fish, agua de panela, all the juice (they juice every fruit possible), and the street food!!  Holy it is a joy being here and I wish and pray for the best for you all as well!  Love you all!  Infinity Googles!!
Love,
Elder Slack

PS. Mom, have Sister Davis teach you how to make arroz con coco (coconut rice) and arroz con pollo(chicken and rice)


 
 

That's darn good food?
 
 
Cartagena
 
 
Thumbs up!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment