Monday, September 22, 2014

My 32s don't fit me anymore...September 22, 2014

Well, this birthday was the first in the field  and the only way I know how to put it is.. it is just not the same as home!!  I, however have not eaten so much cake in my life!!  Elder Herbas and another set of missionaries woke me up on the big day and surprised me with a shirt and a cake.  The District celebrated my birthday as well and the Relief Society President had another cake for me! (3 total cakes)  It was awesome!  I am 19 but certainly don't feel any older!!
 
Elder Slack and Elder Herbas on Brady's birthday
 
He got this shirt as a present

His District

Another birthday celebration
The Relief Society President and another cake...check out the firework candle!


Elder Slack and Elder Herbas in the centre
This week has been somewhat normal but we did have another baptism in our ward!  His wife and daughter were baptized with our recent convert (Hmo Victor) and finally he was able to be baptized!! I have never in my life seen someone cry as hard as he did nor smile as wide as he did at the same time!!  I have never felt the spirit that strong in my life before either!!  It was incredible and he will be such a strong convert!  Finally the grandkids of Hmo Victor were able to come to church and I think they had an awesome time.  They learned about tithing.  My comp was not too happy about that because now we have to try to explain to the mother what tithing is and about the blessings we can receive by paying it.  Maybe not real good timing but I am sure The Lord has something planned.  Who knows besides Him, right?!  
Cambios (transfers) are tomorrow and I have a feeling I will stay in this area but receive a new trainer.  I guess we will just see how it goes tonight when we get the phone call.  All this is crazy and everyone in the district was freaking out but I have adapted the trait of Gavin and just go with the flow.  Don't know how I have done it but hey, I now know why he is the way he is and I love him for it!  Haha :) The weather here has been rather cool with tons and tons of rain!!  It kind of killed some of our plans we had this week but we ate some good food!! :)  I had to go and buy some new pairs of pants!  My 32s don't fit me anymore! 
The members are awesome and I love the area I am in!!  I am hoping we don't get switched but it is all in the Lords hands.  I am really fine with whatever happens.  I am so glad to be here in Colombia and doing the work of the Lord!!  I hope you all are doing well.  Love you all!!
Love Elder Slack
P.S. Happy birthday to my awesome brother Dane and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment