Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Not much else to report...November 17, 2014

Well, this week certainly didn't fly by, but it did go surprisingly fast for the circumstances. It was Carnival here in Cartagena, celebrating their independence or something like that.  I don't think that they even needed a reason to celebrate.  What a week!  I definitely heard the noise and the crazy but I think I live on an old person street because nothing exciting happened! My district leader calls every night to check up on us and his street has a huge party going on and he said that a man was stabbed to death in front of his house!  Way too much drinking and dancing!!  Every year about 20ish people die and so the missionaries are pretty much behind bars. We were in the house every day and thank heavens it rained and it was nice and cool this week because if not, I am not sure I would be living.  I had ample time to read the scriptures and ponder conference talks, pray, learn the lessons and read Preach My Gospel, and talk to myself in my head (if I did out loud my comp might think I am crazy;) I caught up on serious napping that was much needed.  I am just afraid that our lessons after lunch this week will be a little rough... :/ Not much else to report.  I hope you all are wonderful and can do the things we have been commanded!!
Love, Elder Slack


 
 
 
 
Not much to do besides eat, goof off, and read the scriptures while stuck in the apartment for a week
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment