Monday, February 2, 2015

Continued prayers and fasting would be greatly appreciated...February 2, 2015

What a roller coaster of a couple of weeks!!  I am doing super awesome here in Colombia!  I didn't get transferred so I am still in Barranquilla!  Carnival is starting up and so I will be looking forward to another week shut in the apartment.  My companion is awesome!  Our investigators are doing good but it has been kind of stressful trying to figure everything out.  We got a call on Friday saying Diana was in the hospital after taking some pills trying to commit suicide.  Luckily, she took so many I think her body couldn't handle it so she threw them all back up.  We will now be working with the Mission President and a psychologist to see what we can do to help her.  I have talked to Sister Searle quite a bit because she is the closest thing I have to a mother in the mission.  I wake up every day wondering what in the heck I am doing here in this situation.    Thanks to my Father in Heaven, I know He has a plan for all of us.  I feel my testimony growing stronger and stronger every day because of the trials He puts in front of me.  I just dearly hope and pray that Diana continues to progress and that all is well in the plan Heavenly Father has for them!  Your continued prayers and fasting would be greatly appreciated.
Today was an awesome experience!  A member took us to a place called Boca de Sineza where the Magdalaina River and the ocean meet and it was so cool!!  We took some serious pics and I am amazed at the creations here on earth!!  Definitely a day of relaxation that I needed!!  I know my Savior lives and I know this is the only true church on the earth.  I love my family and I love this work.  I wish you all the best and hope your wildest dreams come true!
Love, Elder Slack
Elder Cevallos (Ecuador) and Elder Slack
 
Elder Cevallos, Elder Slack, Elder Dos Santos (Brazil), Elder Mora (Ecuador)
 
Elder Slack, Elder Cevallos, Elder Mora, Elder Dos Santos
 
Elder Brady Slack

Karate Kids
Elder Dos Santos, Elder Slack, Elder Mora, Elder Cevallos
 
Still practicing his moves

No comments:

Post a Comment