Monday, June 29, 2015

Baptisms and babysitting...June 23, 2015

This week was quite the experience!  We started off with some emergency transfers in the mission (here in our zone they closed one area) and moved some elders around.  We did lots of surprise house checkups and it makes me laugh how unorganized and dirty some were.  Glad I'm not their mother, mine would have definitely killed me!  The biggest thing that happened was that we had 6 baptisms!!!  They are named Ever Rodriguez (44 years old), Veronica Lopez (42 years old), Katalina Torres (15 years old), Julian Cortez (15 years old), Danilo Cortez (10 years old), Juliana Acuña (10 years old).  I have felt super good about the baptisms because every single one of them are from part member families!!  Ever was a reference from his girlfriend (who is an active member of the church who has been to the temple) and soon after the first visit had a dream saying that he had to study the Book of Mormon!  Veronica has been listening to the missionaries ever since her sons got baptized a little over a year ago.  Quite the struggle with her but we set a baptismal date and in the interview she finally decided she was ready and nothing was holding her back!  Katalina is a sister of a member. About 4 weeks ago my companions and I went and gave her a blessing for a stomach flu.  The next day, she got up without pains and continued on.  She knew it was true and accepted a baptismal date.  Julian and Danilo are a nephews of Katalina's brother in law.  They have been coming to church for sometime and I was fortunate enough to finish up lessons with them and then watch them be baptized!  I am amazed at how easy it was to baptize these people and it was all through the work of members!!  As I was writing this email, my companion got a call from two Elders in our zone.  They got hit by a motorcycle crossing the street and we got to spend the rest of the night in the clinic with them!  I am amazed at how the Lord blesses us while we are being obedient and I am sure that the accident could have been much worse!  I love you all and hope you are doing excellent!
Love, Elder Slack


Elder Lince, Ever Rodriguez, Elder Slack
 
 

?, Ever Rodriguez,?, Veronica Lopez, Katalina Torres, Julian Cortez, ?
 Danilo Cortez, Juliana Cuna,
Elder Slack, Elder Lince
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment