Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Playin church ball...May 25, 2015

Wow!  What an amazing week!  Our mission was blessed to have Elder Carlos Godoy from our area presidency and member of the first quorum of the Seventy with us.  We were trained by him Thursday.  We first had a training for the leaders of the mission and he kinda got in our grill saying that we were a wonderful mission as far as numbers go but if we were a soccer team we would always lose because we don't make goals.. We have very little baptisms.  Maybe it is because of where we are and I still say that it is very wicked here (maybe that is why it is so hot because God wants to burn us all out) but idk.  He said it could be because of our focus.  We as leaders are focusing on numbers and not missionaries.  Too many missionaries go home the same as when they came out.  It was awesome to here him say that we are here to prepare us for the future.  I think the vision of some missionaries is very different.  I also loved a phrase that was said by one of the counselors of the mission who said that we aren't to be sons and daughters of God in the mission but to be men and women in the mission.  I think we can say that the maturity level isn't quite up to par.  I loved it and it was a super awesome way to get to know how General Authorities act and what their thought process is!  I have loved the phrase since the MTC that I should always live to be able to be called to be a General Authority so that if ever called upon by the Lord, I am ready and worthy.  I am doing super awesome.  I always laugh at myself because I am a little picky about my hair.. I never seem to get it quite right and the poor lady did a good job but my dad and his wisdom once said, a bad haircut only lasts 2 weeks.  Needless to say, I will be looking forward to two weeks.. :) I love you all and wish you the best!
Love, Elder Slack
P.S. Two weeks ago I was playing basketball and dunked the ball.  First off, I didn't even know I could dunk, and second of all.. bet you can't say that you have broken a backboard.  After I dunked it, I looked at the other Elders as they were all running away from me.  I turned back to see it coming down!  Even though I have to fork out the money it is still worth it to say I broke a backboard. It is practically church ball because I am in the mission right?! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment