Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Staying in Valledupar...June 1, 2015

Another busy week!  This week we had the opportunity to have President here in Valledupar.  He had some interviews and then we had a couple of meetings with his counselors and the Stake President here in Valledupar.  It was super awesome to be able to get to know him and see how he thinks! He is one patient man and definitely has learned how to have attributes of Christ.  We were able to have some exchanges and I was with Elder Carreon who is from Mexico.  He works super well and his area is one of the best in the Zone!  I will be staying here in Valledupar this transfer with Elder Lince from Ecuador.  He was my Zone leader when I first got into the mission and then one of the assistants that I got to verify in Barranquilla and now my companion!!  It was super awesome to be with Elder Miller (from Roy, Utah) for the three crazy weeks but it should be a fun transfer!!  My new area is progressing super fast and we should have a ton of baptisms this transfer!  I have learned more than anything this week to look for the Spirit in my life and be able to block other things out of my mind. It is very difficult here to have a virtuous mind while the weather is so hot close to the beach but I have learned that if I don't watch my thoughts or actions or words, the Spirit won't want to be around me.  I am super excited for this week and even though it will be super crazy (a trip to Barranquilla, transfers, and district meetings) we should be able to work very well and see how things will be going here in Valledupar!!  I love you all and wish you all the best!!
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment