Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Come What May and Love It!!...October 6, 2014

This week has been extra super hot and has gone by extra super fast!  I feel like just yesterday I was writing an email!!  My mother asks every week what I have done and every week it is the same response.. we eat, sleep, walk (a lot), teach the gospel, and then repeat!  That is what it feels like every day and boy is it a little tough but hey, life is tough!  I have been watching and re-watching the talk given by Elder Joseph B. Worthlin titled, Come What May and Love It.  It is a Mormon message and I encourage all to watch it!  I laugh a lot and it has helped!  Sometimes my comp doesn't think it is very funny and he gets a little more upset.  (We have had a rough spell)  It helps me though.  I am doing much better!
I am not having problems with understanding and speaking the language at all.  I am just trying to figure out how to have a normal conversation, especially over the phone.  I just don't know all of the casual vocabulary words.  We have kind of had to start over with our teaching pool.  A neighbor lady came up to meet us one day and we are teaching her and her family and another neighbor ran up to us as we were coming home from conference and asked what we were doing here and if I could help him with English.  We have an appointment with him tonight.  We can't teach Victor's grandkids anymore but they can still come to church.
I am amazed at how mission oriented the conference talks are and how mission centered the gospel is.  I loved the talk by Elder David A. Bednar and encourage all to be a little more bold and share the message of the gospel that has helped us.  Help others help themselves by giving them what has helped you!  An invitation is all it takes!  I was able to listen to every session in English (except the Priesthood session) and see it live so it was awesome to be able to do that.  I am so grateful for technology!  I hope all are doing awesome.  Please continue to pray, read the scriptures, have family home evening, and attend the temple.  If you can't go in, you can still feel the love our Father in Heaven has for you just in the presence of His house!  I hope you all have a wonderful week and are safe.  I love you all!
Love, Elder Slack


The Elders during General Conference


PS.  There is a tree outside of our apartment that has about 50 parrots living in it.  They are so noisy and wake me up every day!
 

Look hard to see the parrots!

No comments:

Post a Comment