Thursday, March 26, 2015

Diligence is loving what you are doing accompanied with work...March 23, 2015

This week was pretty special!  We were able to listen to Elder Uceda (of the quorum of the 70) during a stake conference!  He taught a lot about temple work and the ability to go to temple.  I really missed not being able to go during that session.  They also talked a lot about the importance of ward council.  I can't believe the difference in the ward council here in Lucero compared to the last one!  It truly helps the missionaries if the ward council is specific and super detailed.  He also talked about the diligence of the members.  He said that diligence is loving what you are doing accompanied with work!!  I feel like many missionaries just have a switch and turn on and off when they wake up.  it drives me nuts!!!  It is real interesting what type of people work and how they work!  Today we went to some farm with Adolfo Vargas (my dad in Colombia) and his family.  It was super fun and relaxing!  Holy they have some pigs there and I really though they were cows laying down when I saw them!  They are sooooooo big!!!  We had a big old soup and just relaxed a bunch.  The mission is going good.  I am learning lots of things!  This week we helped a blind guy who I think had special needs cross a street.  Later that night.. my companion asked me.. "What if that wasn't where he was supposed to be going?!"  I guess the Lord knows and guided him to where he needed to go! .. I hope.. :)  It is awesome!!  Hope you all are doing awesome and love you all!!
Love, Elder Slack


Selfie with Elder Dos Santos
 
Vargas Family
 

Monstrous pig
 
Elder Slack and Hermano Carlos Pantoja (High Councilman who is the uncle of Sarah from preschool)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment