Tuesday, January 20, 2015

It has been a rough week...January 19, 2015

Holy it has been a rough week!!  Transfers are next week and I am dearly praying with all my little heart that I don't leave my area!  It is so much fun and there are so many people to talk to!!  We are teaching a couple (Deivis and Diana Marquez) who just lost their daughter.  We were teaching a lesson and I asked if there was anything we could do to help them feel happy. Her response word for word was, "I just want to die.  I will be happy if I die because then I can see my daughter!"  I cannot explain the impact that one phrase had on my life!  Nobody in the world should have to go through what she is going through.  Luckily her husband (they just got married to be baptized) is a solid rock and a huge help for her!  In a different lesson this week she started balling during the middle of the lesson and went to her room.  I feel terrible and as a little weenie 19 year old I have no idea what to say.  I guess that is why I am here, to learn and grow and help them however I can.  I just don't feel like it is enough.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of eternal families and the power of the Priesthood that is here on the earth.  I know we can be eternal families if we are sealed in the temple of the Lord! How grateful I am for that knowledge!
Other than that, it was a pretty normal week.  I had another exchange with Elder Brunis who is from Ecuador and has about 4 months left in the mission.  I am still doing super well and just kinda doing what every missionary should do.. work! :)  I hope you all are doing awesome and take the time to say your prayers, read the Book of Mormon, and go to the house of the Lord (the temple).  If not to go inside, just to be in its presence!  I love you all and wish you the best!
Love, Elder Slack
 
PS Prayers for the Marquez family would be greatly appreciated.  We meet with them again on Tuesday.
 
**I got these pictures of Brady and Carlos Pantoja who is the High Councilman for the Lucero Barrio (ward).  His niece, Sarah, is in my preschool class.  She was so excited to show me the pictures!


Elder Brady Slack and Lucero Barrio High Councilman, Carlos Pantoja

Elder Brady Slack, Thumbs up as always!

No comments:

Post a Comment