Thursday, January 8, 2015

First transfer to Lucero...December 22, 2014

Happy Holidays from good old sunny Colombia!!  I got transferred to Barranquilla and am now serving in my second area called Lucero!  The ward is super awesome and I have truly felt the importance of the missionary work from the members, not just the missionaries!!  My new companion, Elder Mora, is from Ecuador.  He has about 2 weeks in the mission and about 5 days in the mission field!!  I am super excited to get to talk to the family for Christmas and I am super ready to just eat tons and tons of food!!  We already have about 6 dinner appointments!!  One of the new families we are teaching is a couple who lost their only daughter about 3 weeks ago to a bad prescription by a doctor.  It is really rough to walk in their apartment because they are torn apart. They actually have set their own baptismal date, their own date to get married, and listened and downloaded to just about everything from the church onto their phones!!  I am praying really hard that they just stick with it!!  Other than that we are a little lost here in our new area in Barranquilla but I am loving it!! I especially love watching the Lord's work move on!!  I wish you all the best this week and as Pedro says, "May all your wildest dreams come true"!!  Merry Christmas!  Feliz Navidad!
Love, Elder Slack

PS  When we went to church yesterday, the high councilman, Hermano Carlos Pantoja, approached me and asked me if I knew an Elder Swap.  I said no and asked why and he said he had a niece who lived in Utah and an elder was here serving whose mom was her teacher.  I asked if the teacher was Miss Amy and he smiled and said, "Welcome to Colombia.  Let me know if you need anything". Kind of fun to have a connection from home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment