Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Not the greatest zoo...January 12, 2015

Holy time is flying by and I feel less and less like writing a big email!! ;)  The time kind of escaped me but I hope you are all doing well!!  It is all the same here except a couple we are teaching returned home this week from traveling.  They came to church and presented themselves to the class as future members who want to be sealed in the temple.  They are super awesome, the only thing is, their 8 year old daughter passed away a little less than 2 months ago.  I am so glad they are finally realizing the things they need to do here on earth but I am a little saddened to find out that something so tragic had to happen for them to realize it!!
We were able to go the zoo here and I have to say it isn't the greatest zoo.  Especially when you can see the apartment complex behind the elephant enclosure!  I do have to say they have quite the collection of iguanas!!  One I saw is just as big as our dog, Rigby!!!  We also watched a movie today and that was nice to just relax!!  I was also able to go on a couple of exchanges with Elder Gonzales from Bolivia, Elder Carrera from Guatemala, and Elder Kletzli from Kaysville!!  It is so interesting how different each and every one of them teach but how same the gospel is!!   As we start the new year I hope we will all realize the blessings that come from being members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.   I know that I am here to help the people in Colombia.  Our Father in Heaven is just waiting for them to find it!  I know our Savior loves me and I know that this is the work of the Lord.  I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that we have a true and living prophet here on the Earth today.  I love my Savior and I know that it is through Him that we are able to live with our families forever.  I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!! :)
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment