Thursday, April 7, 2016

Christmas is here!...December 21, 2015

Well, Christmas is here and things are buzzing in Colombia!  It is incredible to think that this is my second Christmas out of the house (and last might I add).  I feel so old! 
This past week was a success.  We thought we would have the whole week to be able to work care free and stack in lessons with people we are teaching.  Funny how things do a 360 on ya. Nevertheless, it was a great week.  We are still working in "La Central" (our areas red zone) and it is a huge success!  We are staying until about 7:30 in the afternoon and thinking about adding another day into the schedule to visit.  People are progressing there and the bishop and his family are super stoked to have us working there.  We found out that it is the first time in more than 12 years that missionaries have stepped foot in the neighborhood and the bishop has asked permission that we start a group there (because it is about 15 minutes away in a thing they call "motocarro".  It is the golf cart looking thing you would see in India.  So we are working on that!  Things that my Patriarchal Blessing says are really coming to life and it is incredible to see it happening.  All truly becasue we strive to be super obedient! 
Today we got to watch "Brave" as a zone activity and what a great movie it is!  I am so grateful for the fact that I loved watching movies with my baby brother (although he isn't much of a baby anymore) because I had it just about memorized!  Movies in spanish just aren't as good as they are in English!  I guess that as a missionary I have been able to key in on things that have helped me personally grow.  I loved one of the last phrases that the movie says, "Our Destiny is in each one of us.  We just have to be Brave and find it!".  I know that God loves us and as His children He expects us to become like Him and reach our eternal potential.  Alma 34:32 is really clear that this life is when we need to reach it.  He goes on to explain that it is through repentance that we will reach that potential.  I know Jesus was born and lived a perfect life.  A life that we should try to live.  I know that He died for each and every one of us to make it possible to live such a life.  I love my Savior and even though I am very far from home this holiday season, I know and have come to know the true meaning of happiness.  It comes through the Atonement of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  I hope that through Him, we will all be brave and reach our eternal destiny!
Best of holiday wishes and lots of love from Colombia!
Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment