Thursday, April 7, 2016

No mashed potatoes and gravy for me...November 23, 2015

Well, I do have to say that another week has come and gone (some go by slower than others) and I am still doing good!  We had transfers last Tuesday and I got to stay in my area training Elder Muñoz as a Zone Leader.  He has been out for 6 months and I was one of his first Zone Leaders in Valledupar.  We went through a mini Atonement in Valledupar (but that is an after the mission story) so I guess you could say we know each other pretty well!  He is from Ecuador and is a recent convert (turned 2 on November 3rd!) and works like an animal!  Walks way too fast for me (not to say that I am slow either) and has lots of energy!  haha  It has been a decent week of work so far and I am excited to see what else the Lord has in store for us!
My mother made an inspiring comment about our investigators.  I would love to say that we have some progressing :/ (kind of difficult in South America) but let's just say that we have some good ideas to find new investigators and help the ward out a little! (Keep your head up right?! ;) hahaha
I have been pushing myself to read the Book of Mormon a lot more and study the scriptures on a whole new level.  I am reading in Alma 5 and let's just say that I felt right alongside Alma riding on a horse fighting there for a moment.  I would love to share a quick thought.. "Every time you mark your scriptures you are listening to the Spirit."  I heard that this week in a talk and thought to myself for a bit.  I have had a hard time trying to listen to the spirit and follow what he says but I looked back at the ways I have marked my scriptures and really been dumbfounded to realize the way the Lord has touched my life and the way the Spirit has guided me. 
With Thanksgiving this week (sad to say it isn't a holiday here and no mashed potatoes and gravy for me) I have been pondering on the many blessings God has given me.  I found an excellent scripture that I would love to invite you all to read in Alma 34:38.  I am grateful for the blessing of serving my Heavenly Father and the people of Colombia because the Lord has blessed me immensely with lots of experiences that have changed my life. 
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and dont forget to send lots of pics and vids of your day and what you are grateful for!
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment