Thursday, April 7, 2016

Caracoli is a gold mine!...November 2, 2015

Well, this week was pretty decent. Elder Gonzàlez and I got some good work done!  It has been a little difficult working because he has really bad knees and is trying to figure out what he needs to do to get them fixed.  I have been in the situation before and know what the final outcome will be (or at least I think) so I will keep him happy and working hard!  This week we found some pretty good investigators (but none of them came to church..)  I think here in Colombia there are more holidays than in any other part of the world!  Almost every Monday is a holiday which means a three day weekend.  It is basically seeing the party that they made a movie about (Party X or something like that) every weekend!!! hahaha  That just means that nobody comes to church! 
Besides that I was able to go to a town called Malambo.  It is super awesome and kind of a party town (it isn't the teenagers that party just fyi).  I was able to be with a Colombian missionary named Elder Garcia.  We went to some small town that is called Caracoli.  It is a gold mine (all smaller towns here) because nobody knows about the gospel and when they hear it they love it.  It made me realize that there is still lots of the world that hasn't heard the message of the Restored Gospel and that Satan works very hard to destroy our potential.  I had lots of little experiences this week that were kind of incredible.  A great Apostasy didn't just happen as Jesus was crucified or as His Apostles were being persecuted.  It started out as little lies that Satan planted in the hearts of many men.  Then it went down hill from there.  We have visited many less active members who are very similar. 
Is there any small apostasy that we have (or could have) and what can we do to get rid of it?? (Hint: it is called repentance.)
I love you all and hope you have a splendid week!!
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment