Monday, October 5, 2015

In the growth and not very comfortable zone...September 7, 2015


I have been very fortunate to be in the refiners fire these past few weeks here in my new area.  I think I have been challenged physically, mentally, and spiritually more in these past 2 weeks than I have in a long time.  But mostly due to my own pressure to really become the son that God would have me become.  I was reading a conference talk titled * The Eternal Perspective of the Gospel of Jesus Christ* and thought really hard on my personal conversion.  Are the trials that I face really looked at as trials or little faith testers given by my Father in Heaven?  I have loved the experience of the mission for many reasons and I was able to reflect even more so this week with a statement given by President Searle in our Leadership Council this past Wednesday.  He said that the 3 most common statements given to him by missionaries are, 1. I don't have faith, 2. I don't have a testimony, and 3. I don't feel the Spirit.  I was able to look (and continue to look) more in depth on these three statements. 
I am so grateful because the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity to really grow my testimony and help me have more faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement.  What wonders the Atonement can really do for us when we comprehend it's extensive healing powers.  We read Alma 26:22 in a Zone meeting training this week and were able to help the missionaries understand the importance of a personal conversion before changing other people.  I really have loved my Personal Study time because I have been able to read (and I am almost finished with) The Book of Mormon, Preach my Gospel, and the New Testament.  I have grown closer to my Savior through a personal conversion. 
I was also thoroughly surprised to find that a topic heavily talked about in the Liahona this month is Prayer.  I know that I can definitely work on my prayers and get to the point where I have a conversation with God.  I know He lives and He sent His son Jesus Christ to atone for us, suffer for our sins and to be able to know how to help us in times of needs (Alma 7:11-12).  God has called modern day prophets to let us know who we really are.  I would like to invite you (if you can get a hold of it)(all of you) to read the introduction to Preach My Gospel.  It is truly inspired by God to help us through our trials and our personal path to conversion.  I am so grateful for trials.  I am so grateful for the pressure and time that it takes to become who we truly can become. 
*The climb might be a lot tougher but the view is always better at the TOP*.
Love, Elder Slack

No comments:

Post a Comment