Monday, October 5, 2015

Last birthday wishes!!...September 14, 2015

Well... This week went by way too fast.  I really have gotten to the point of my mission where I look back on the week and have to think even harder of things I did to keep you all informed!  I think the things I write are super cool for you all but I can't wait to get to end of my mission and be able to read these letters!  I would like to write about one experience that we have had but I think this one will be more for me to remember later.. There are 8 recent converts in our area that we are assigned to and they are all super duper awesome!  There is one who has been a member for about 12 months now. His name is Andres and he is 21 years old.  He is the only member in his family and the rest of his family constantly hammer him about being Mormon and not going to the church where they go!  He had a super strong testimony but has started reading lots of books that are written about beliefs or different opinions and has started asking lots of questions that are really easy and simple such as... *Is there just one God or are they three beings?* *Was Joseph Smith a prophet?* *Why is baptism so important?* etc.. I have really thought about a phrase this week by Joseph B. Wirthlin that says *Come what may and Love it...* Do we really come what may and love it?  He has been passing through some difficult repentance things but I have really learned that after the trial of our faith is when we will really know!! (D&C 121:7-8).  I know this is true and I love it!  I am doing super good and we had a stellar week!!  I hope you all have an awesome week and eat lots and lots of cake on Wednesday for me!!  Thanks for the birthday wishes!!
Love, Elder Slack 

No comments:

Post a Comment